DN_SMILEY DIY Badge Guide
DN_SMILEY DIY Badge Guide Steps
- Solder all the resistors in their designated location.
- These have no orientation, they may be soldered in any direction.
- Insert them from the back side of the PCB where the QR code is, and solder on the front side where the smiley face is. Trim the extra leads off the resistors from the smiley face side.
- Locate the long pin/leg on the LEDs. This is important, they must be soldered in the correct way or they will not work.
- Confirm the long leg is placed where it says "long pin here" in the silkscreen text.
- Before soldering, bend the LEDs to the correct length so that the LED lens is pointing through the clearing in the PCB.
- Note, there are 3 of one speed LED, and 2 of the other speed. (Slow/Fast blinking)
- Mix it up, you may want to use the same speed for the eyes and the key LED openings!
- Solder on the LEDs one pin at a time.
- Adjust the LED direction by reflowing the solder with your soldering iron before soldering the second pin.
- Repeat the bending and soldering of each LED pin noted in Step 2.
- Solder the through hole switch on the back side of the PCB.
- Solder on the Battery clip.
- You only need solder on the outer tabs.
- Align the coin cell clip so the opening side is facing upwards.
- You may need to temporarily bend the mouth LED out of the way to insert the coin cell battery. Bend the LED back after.
- Solder the SAO add on connector.
- This will allow you to power the badge from a host badge or other SAO powering method.
You should now be able to insert the coin cell battery and see the light show!